Position: Development Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Based in: Birmingham metro area
Deadline: Open until filled
The Development Coordinator will implement a wide array of fund development activities at ACIJ including grassroots fundraising, membership, and grant proposals and management. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator works collaboratively with staff to identify, secure and grow individual and institutional donor/funder relationships. We seek applicants who can proactively identify and engage with a diverse community of staff, members, and community leaders. The ideal candidate will be able to work with allies in African American, LGBTQ+, and faith communities on intersectional issues.
• Manage and grow ACIJ’s $650K funding portfolio, including grants and grassroots fundraising
• Prospect new funding opportunities to support ACIJ’s vision and mission
• Write and manage grant applications, reports, and funder relationships
• Implement a strategic calendar of fundraising appeals and donor/funder stewardship by working with staff to utilize crowdfunding platforms, social media, text/phone banks, direct mail, and events.
• Train staff and volunteers in grassroots fundraising techniques.
• Sustain and grow a small portfolio of key and member donor relationships.
• Manage and maintain effective donor and funder relationships and records, including written/verbal communications and donor database.
• Coordinate with organizing, communications and support staff to ensure grant compliance.
Participate in all ACIJ staff meetings, leadership team meetings and board meetings. Participate in strategic visioning and planning to align ACIJ’s development plan with our strategic plan
• Support accurate data collection in compliance with grant reporting requirements.
• Other duties as required.
• Strong commitment to the mission and vision of ACIJ
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems, work collaboratively, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities
• 2+ years of successful experience in grassroots fundraising and grant writing
• Knowledge of issues affecting immigrant communities in Alabama
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate a team
• Ability to work with and within diverse groups of people with diverse working styles
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
• Experience using EveryAction or similar CRM/database
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Benefits include health & dental insurance, travel and training opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with “Development Coordinator” in the subject. The writing sample will ideally be a grant proposal you have written in the past (you can remove organization names for confidentiality). If you do not have grant writing experience, you can submit a sample fundraising letter for donors. Please make sure it is your own writing, as writing is one of the most important skills for this position. Applications will not be considered without all required documents; please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. ACIJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage immigrants, people of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.